background

Monday, November 11, 2013

Thank you old lady at Aldi

While shopping wrangling kids at Aldi today I was approached by an older woman who said the phrase I knew she'd utter the moment I saw her look our way: "Oh, they grow up so fast. Enjoy it!"

The blog on this subject has already been written by someone far more articulate than me... so I don't need to revisit it, but I was particularly annoyed for some reason today. The thing is, I really do try to cherish these years... but as I held one whining, jello-legged child by the arm while simultaneously attempting to keep the other from knocking jars of pickles off the shelves, with one strapped to my body in a carrier, I wasn't exactly treasuring the moment.

However, I was convicted later this evening as I exhaustedly did the bedtime routine solo...

I was tired...

I was not carpe dieming the moment for sure...

but it was a moment worth cherishing....



And I'm glad I didn't miss it.

Maranda

No comments:

Post a Comment